The Thirteenth Sunday After Pentecost, August 14, 2016 10:00 AM
This Week in Worship
Texts: Jeremiah 1:4-10; Psalm 139; II Corinthians 4:5-12; John 1:43-51
Message: "Seeing You As God Sees You" Rev. Leslie
- Today is Project HOPE Sunday! The following items are needed for Project HOPE: Canned Soup and Crackers or any other nonperishable items are welcomed. Monetary donations are also accepted; please make checks payable to Project HOPE Food Bank, and give to our HOPE Representative: Ruth Ann Herman.
Blessing of the Backpacks: Bring your book bag and/or your bag that you take to work on Sunday, August 21 at 10 AM. They will be prayed over during the service. Mohawk’s 1st Day of School is Monday, August 22.
- The deadline to submit information for the September 2016 newsletter is next Sunday, August 21. The September 2016 newsletter will be passed out on Sunday, August 28.
4G Bible Study will meet Monday, August 29, 6:30 pm.
The Mission/Evangelism Committee is collecting items for Operation Christmas Child. The collection will continue throughout the year with every 3 months having a different designated item requested. The following items are needed for the month of AUGUST: little flash lights and extra batteries, small solar lights, T-shirts, socks, pencils, pens, and hair items. Please put your donations in the red bin under the MISSION Bulletin Board in the entry way. Thank you.
Summer Worship Schedul
Our Summer worship schedule will continue at 10:00 AM through Sunday, August 21.
Fall Worship Schedule
Our regular worship hours will return on Sunday, August 28!
Sunday Light (beginning with breakfast in the social hall) at 9:30 am.
Followed by Divine Worship at 10:45 am.
F.D. Campbell Library News
*Tech Time-Mondays @ 12 pm
*Story Time-Every Thursday @ 1 pm
*Adult Coloring-Every Friday @ 1 pm
*Every Tuesday & Wednesday Emergency Preparedness Class @ 4:30 pm
*Art Therapy—Saturday, August 20th @ 2 pm
*Adult Coloring: Every Friday in August @ 1:00 pm
- Emergency Preparedness Class by Ashley Sambol: Tuesdays and Wednesdays @ 4:30 pm.
Art Therapy: Join us as we create Watercolor Flower Cards on Saturday, August 20 at 2:00 pm.
- Book Club: September’s Titles: “A Man Called Ove” by Frederick Backman and “A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail” by Bill Bryson.
Coming Soon: September 17: Family Movie Night, September 20: Book Club, September 24: Penn State Master Gardener’s presentation, “Summer Flowering Shrubs” October: Ghost Hunters program with Amy Perry Lane.
- For more information on these events please call the Library 724-667-7939. Their hours are: Monday-Thursday: 11 AM-7 PM; Friday-Saturday: 9 AM-4 PM.