Eighteenth SundayAfter Pentecost-October 8, 2017-10:45 AM
This Week in Worship
Texts: Genesis 50:15-21; Psalm 25; Romans 11:33-12:2; John 6:35-40
Message: "Thy Will Be Done? You Must Mean MY, right? Rev. Leslie
Today, October 8 is Project HOPE Sunday! The following items are needed for Project HOPE: Peanut Butter and Jelly, and/or any other non-perishable items are welcomed. Monetary donations are also accepted; please make checks payable to Project HOPE Food Bank, and give to our HOPE Representative: Ruth Ann Herman.
- Today, October 8 is the final day to contribute to the Celebrate Sudan Offering for the Evangelism and Missionary Committee.
- Today is the final day to turn in the Presbyterian Women’s Doing Without Banks.
Fall Book Study: Monday, October 16 and Wednesday, October 18, 10 am at MOCO House. We will meet every other week. The book we are studying is "A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World" by Paul Miller. Books and reading schedules will be available on Sunday at church and the cost is $12. All are welcome to join us.
- Our Ham Loaf Dinner is Saturday, October 21 from 5 pm-7 pm. The cost is Adults $ 10.00, Children 6-12 $ 5.00 and 5 and under are FREE. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door. For tickets call the church office 724-667-7255. The proceeds from the Ham Loaf Dinner will go to the General Fund. All money, reservations and unsold tickets for the Ham Loaf Dinner must be returned to Roberta Gibson no later than next Sunday, October 15.
We are asking for donations to defray the cost. Please see the sign-up sheet in the Narthex for donation items and volunteering. All donations need to be here by Thursday, October 19. Any monetary donations can be given to Karen Hutch or Roberta Gibson.
The deadline to submit information for the November 2017 newsletter is Sunday, October 22. The November 2017 newsletter will be passed out on Sunday, October 29.
Bessemer Presbyterian CLICK is hosting a Halloween Extravaganza for the whole community. Join us Sunday, October 29 from 4-6 pm for Trunk or Treat in the parking lot, along with Food, Games, and Prizes. There will also be a chance to sign up for our new and improved “CLICK” youth group coming in November. All are invited!
4G Bible Study will meet Monday, October 30, 6:30 pm at MOCO House.
Nathan Parrott, our new accompanist, is looking for singers, instrumentalists, and others who could help enhance the musical elements of our service. We are looking for soloists or others who might like to sing in a group, especially as we near Advent and Christmas. If you are interested, please let Nathan Parrott or Pastor Nathan know. And if there are others in the community who are interested, please invite them to participate as well!
Bessemer’s Per Capita for 2017
Per Capita is a “per capita” contribution that supports the ongoing ministries of the Presbyterian Church, the Synod of the Trinity, and the Presbytery of Shenango. Whether you are aware of it or not, our presbytery is vastly supportive of our congregation and our mission. Because we wish to continue our contributions and enable the mission of the greater church, we ask each member to consider donating their part. The breakdown is as follows:
Presbytery of Shenango $ 28.06
Synod of the Trinity $ 2.30
General Assembly $ 7.50
Total Apportionment $ 37.86 per member
Tom & Linda Walker invites us to their 50th Wedding Anniversary and also Tom’s 50th Year in Gospel Music, with Southern Gospel Sing this Saturday, October 14, 6 pm at First Assembly of God Church on Pulaski Road in New Castle. Soul’d Out Quartet will be joining our celebration. Light refreshments will be served. No Gifts please!
North Beaver Fire Dept. is sponsoring a Braised Steak Dinner on Sunday, October 22, 11:30am-2pm at Mount Jackson Fire Hall. The cost is Adults $12.00 and Children 6-12 $6.00. Children 6 and under FREE. Take Outs are available!
F. D. Campbell Memorial Library News
*Tech Time, Monday’s @ 12 noon or by appt.
*Adult Coloring every Friday at 1:00 pm.
* The Library will be closed this Monday, October 9
in observance of Columbus Day.
*Sketchbook Class-Saturday, October 14 at 2:00 pm.
*Book Club-Tuesday, October 14, 5:30 pm.
*Art Therapy-Saturday, October 21, 2 pm.
* Friends of the Library-Saturday, October 21, 9 am
at MOCO House.
* Ghost Hunters-Wednesday, October 25, 6 pm.
* Physics for Kids-Saturday, October 28, 1:30 pm.
* Library Board Meeting-Monday, October 30, 5 pm
at Pizza Joes Bessemer.
* Sketch Book Class, Saturday, October 14, 2 pm-Join us as we improve our art skills while creating unique and beautiful sketch books. Sketch journaling
can help you to relax, be more mindful, reduce stress, and more. In addition you’ll get to explore lots of different media like charcoal, pen and ink,
watercolor, oil pastels, artist’s alcohol markers, and more. Please bring a mixed media sketchbook to class with you. If you would like to purchase a
sketchbook, we will have Canson “5.5 x 8.5” side-bound spiral sketchbooks available for $ 5.00 each. RSVP is appreciated 724-667-7939.
* Book Club-Tuesday, October 17, 5:30 pm. “The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick. Call 724-667-7939 to reserve your copy.
* Art Therapy-Saturday, October 21, 2 pm. Our project will be acrylic paintings of pumpkins on canvas. * Ghost Hunting with this Human” a
special program presented by Amy Perry Lane of PARA Expeditions-Wednesday, October 25, 6 pm, plus take part in a Live Demonstration!
Is our Library Haunted? Join us to find out! Please RSVP to 724-667-7939 as space for this event is limited!
* Physics for Kids-Saturday, October 28, 1:30 pm. Join us for this special hands-on workshop created for kids geared towards the
elementary school ages! Come and learn Gravity and participate in some fun experiments! RSVP is appreciated 724-667-7939.