This Week in Worship
Texts: Acts 2:42-47; Psalm 23; Ephesians 4:1-16; John 10:1-10
Message: "Oh Grow Up!" Rev. Leslie
Today, May 14 is Project HOPE Sunday! The following items are needed for Project HOPE: Canned Vegetables, and/or any other non-perishable items are welcomed. Monetary donations are also accepted; please make checks payable to Project HOPE Food Bank, and give to our HOPE Representative: Ruth Ann Herman.
4G Adult Bible Study will meet Thursday, May 18, 6:30 pm at MOCO House.
- Mission/Evangelism Committee will meet Saturday, May 20, 11:00 am at MOCO House.
The deadline to submit information for the June 2017 newsletter is next Sunday, May 21. The June 2017 newsletter will be passed out on Sunday, May 28.
- Graduates will be recognized during our 10:45 am worship next Sunday, May 21. Please notify Rhodell Magnone or the church office of members graduating from High School, College, or any Higher Learning Institution by today, May 14. Non-members will be recognized in name, so if you have a family member graduating please inform us so that we can include them in our listing.
Next Sunday, May 21 is our last day of Sunday Light until Sunday, August 27. We will meet in the Fellowship Hall for Breakfast at 9:30 am. The Discipleship Committee would like to thank the following teachers and helpers for a great year. Preschool: Beth Ann Nord, Roberta Gibson, Serrena Schultz, and Mickie Snyder. Kindergarten: Brandy Weingartner, Rhodell Magnone, and Lou Anne Sheehan. Grades 1-5: Betsy Barr, and Miriam Gwin. Grades 6-9: Pastor Nathan Leslie, and Tawnya Curatola. Young Adult: Tina Leslie. Fellowship Class: Paul Hawkins.
Attention Ladies: Slippery Rock Presbyterian Church of Ellwood City, PA invites the ladies of our church to their Salad Supper on Tuesday, May 23 at 6 pm. Call or speak to Sally Cunningham by today, May 14 if you are interested in going.
- There has been three fires in the Mohawk area since the beginning of April. The Deacons will be taking a Fire Fund Offering for all three families on next Sunday, May 21 and also May 28. The first fire was The Frank Miller Family of Mahoning Township. They have a daughter who attends Mohawk High School. The second fire was The Bartholomew Family of North Beaver Township. The Father, Richard Bartholomew died in the fire. His son, Nelson Bartholomew lived with him and was able to exit the fire safely. The third fire was The Palombo Family of North Beaver Township. Their son, Cody is graduating this year from Mohawk. Please remember to contribute accordingly since the Fire Fund is for 3 families.
Beginning Sunday, May 28 through Sunday, August 20. Our Sunday morning schedule will be as follows: Worship at 10:00 am. Sunday, August 27 we will resume our normal schedule. Sunday Light at 9:30 am followed by Worship at 10:45 am.
- We have launched our Raise the Roof Campaign to replace the roof on the church. Pledge cards are available on the narthex table. Building Fund/Raise the Roof envelopes are available in the pews.
The congregation is invited to a graduation party for Emily Weingartner on Friday, June 2 from 5-8 pm at SNPJ Red Barn-270 Martin Road in Enon Valley, PA. Any questions call Brandy 724-944-1274.
Bessemer Community Vacation Bible School will be held the week of June 19-23 from 5:30 pm-8 pm at our church. Our VBS theme is Group’s Rome-Paul and the Underground Church. Free dinner for participants and their families served daily at 5 pm. Open to all ages 3 (potty trained) through 5th grade. There are two ways to register either by calling our church office at 724-667-7255 or online http://www.bessemerpresbyterian.org. Sponsored by First Covenant, Mohawk Campus of First Assembly of God and our church.
Bessemer Community Picnic: A Community Worship Service and Picnic will be held on Sunday, June 25 at Kennedy Park on East Poland Ave. next to the Boro Building. Our Evangelism and Mission Committee will provide the meat and beverages. Watch for a sign-up sheet in the narthex, so you can help with the food. Community Worship with our local churches at 10 am followed by a picnic lunch at 12:00 noon under the tent. Plan to bring friends and family for a special time of sharing and fellowship in our community.
North Beaver Fire Department Ox Roast is Sunday, May 21, 11:30 am-2:00 pm at Mount Jackson Fire Hall. The cost is Adults 12.00, Children 6-12 $ 6.00 and Children under 6 is FREE. Eat in or Take Out.
MACA’s Baccalaureate service at Mohawk High School is Sunday, May 21, 2017, 7 pm. Jeremy Lutz will be the speaker, formerly the youth minister at Bethel. Choir music will be provided. Refreshments will be served.
- Java Jog 5K Run and 2 Mile Walk: The time has come for you to commit to that 5K (3.1 miles) you always wanted to run or maybe that walk for a cause you thought you'd like to support. The Java Jog will be held on Memorial Day, May 29, in Bessemer. All proceeds will benefit MoCo House in Bessemer. Register online: www.mohawkcoffeehouse.com or you can also pick up a registration form at MoCo House.
F.D. Campbell Library News
*Tech Time-Mondays, 12 pm or by appt.
*Pre-K Free Play-Every Thursday, 2 pm
*Adult Coloring-Every Friday, 1:00 pm
*Lego Club-Saturday, May 27, 1 pm
*Book Club: Wednesday, May 17, 5:30 pm. This month’s Title is: “The Shoemaker’s Wife” by Adriana Trigiani. Call 724-667-7939 to reserve your copy.
*Art Therapy Class: Saturday, May 20, 2:00 pm. Choose one of three projects this month! Album art, painted rocks, or decoupage metal serving trays.
*Family Movie Night: Saturday, May 20, 6:30 pm @ our church. We will be showing “SING.”
*Storytime will resume on Thursday, June 8, 2:00 pm.