This Week in Worship
Texts: Acts 9:1-8; Galatians 1:11-24; Matthew 10:16-22
Message: "Paul: The Man, the Missionary, the Legend" Rev. Leslie
The deadline to submit information for the July/August 2017 newsletter is next Sunday, June 25. The July/August 2017 newsletter will be passed out on Sunday, July 2.
Presbytery meeting Tuesday, June 27, 6:30 pm at Hillside Presbytery in Greenville, PA.
Communion will be observed on Sunday, July 2.
The Loose Offering will go to the Deacons' to aid in their ministry on Sunday, July 2.
The church offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4 for Independence Day.
- The following items are needed for Project HOPE: Canned Vegetables, and/or any other non-perishable items are welcomed. Monetary donations are also accepted; please make checks payable to Project HOPE Food Bank, and give to our HOPE Representative: Ruth Ann Herman.
We are on Summer Worship Schedule until Sunday, August 20. Worship at 10:00 am.
We have launched our Raise the Roof Campaign to replace the roof on the church. Pledge cards are available on the narthex table. Building Fund/Raise the Roof envelopes are available in the pews.
- Bessemer Community Vacation Bible School will be held this week of June 19-June 23. 5:30 pm-8 pm at our church. The theme is Group’s Rome-Paul and the Underground Church. Free dinner for participants and their families served daily at 5 pm. Open to all ages 3 (potty-trained) through 5th grade. There are three ways to register either by filling out the registration form which is available on the narthex table, you could also call the church office 724-667-7255 or go online: http://www.bessemerpresbyterian.org. Sponsored by First Covenant, Mohawk Campus of First Assembly of God and our church.
VBS registration forms are available on the Narthex table.
- A Bessemer Community Worship Service and Picnic will be held next Sunday, June 25 at Kennedy Park on East Poland Ave. next to the Boro Bldg. Our Evangelism and Mission Committee will provide the meat and beverages. Please see Nikki Patton to see what’s still needed for donations of food or supplies for the picnic. Community Worship with our local churches at 10 am followed by a picnic lunch at 12:00 noon under the tent. Plan to bring friends and family for a special time of sharing and fellowship in our community. Bring your own lawn chair! Please bring a school supply donation for Project HOPE’S Backpack Drive!
- The Officers of the Mohawk Area Alumni Association have met to discuss the upcoming 9th Reunion to be held on Saturday, August 5 at 6 pm in the Mohawk High School Cafeteria. The Class of 1966 will be in charge of the Registration and the Class of 1968 will be in charge of the Refreshments. The Class of 1967 will be the Honorees.
F. D. Campbell Memorial Library News
*Tech Time – Monday’s @ 12 noon or by appt.
*Story Time – Every Thursday @ 2 PM
*Adult Coloring-Every Friday @ 1 PM
*Manicure Madness-Saturday, June 30 @ 1 PM
- Summer Reading: All ages are invited to participate in our Summer Reading Program! Tons of prizes! Awesome programs! Read all summer for your chance to win gift cards, passes to local amusements, and more! Plus this year, we’re giving away Three Kindle Fires!
June 22: Can You Guess What I Am? By J.P. Percy. Take an outdoor adventure with us, and collect items for a nature journal! Check out and even photograph the items you collect under a microscope!
- June 29: Boy and Bot by Ame Dyckman. Get your picture taken in a robot costume and then build your own robot!
Adult Coloring: Every Friday at 1 PM. Use our supplies or bring your own, join us!
- Manicure Madness: Friday, June 30, 1 PM. Come and Paint your nails! Tons of colorful nail polish, nail art pens, stencils, stamps, and more! All ages are welcome!
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 am-7:00 pm
Friday-Saturday: 9:00 am-4:00 pm