The Ascension of our Lord - May 13, 2018
In Worship this Sunday
- Texts: Acts 1:4-11, Psalm 47, Ephesians 1:15-23, John 14:1-7, 25-27
- Sermon: "Jesus and Mary Poppins" by Rev. Nathan Leslie
- Today, May 13 is Project HOPE Sunday! The following items are needed: Canned Vegetables, and/or any other non-perishable items are welcomed. Monetary donations are also accepted; or checks made out to Project HOPE Food Bank, and give to Ruth Ann Herman.
The deadline to submit information for the June 2018 newsletter is next Sunday, May 20. The June 2018 newsletter will be passed out on Sunday, May 27.
Graduates will be recognized during our 10:00 am worship on Sunday, June 3. Please notify Rhodell Magnone or the church office of members graduating from High School, College, or any Higher Learning Institution by next Sunday, May 20. Non-members will be recognized in name, so if you have a family member graduating please inform us so that we can include them in our listing.
Next Sunday, May 20 is our last day of Sunday Light until Sunday, August 27. The Discipleship Committee would like to thank the following teachers and helpers for a great year. Preschool: Roberta Gibson, Beth Ann Nord, and Serrena Schultz. Kindergarten: Rhodell Magnone, and Mickie Snyder. Grades 1-5: Betsy Barr, and Miriam Gwin. Grades 6-9: Pastor Nathan Leslie. Young Adult: Tina Leslie. Fellowship Class: Paul Hawkins.
CLICK will meet next Sunday, May 20 from 4 pm-5:30 pm. This is our last meeting until Fall.
4G Adult Bible Study will meet Sunday, May 27, 6:00 pm at the home of Pastor Nathan and Mary Kay Leslie.
Beginning Sunday, May 27 through Sunday, August 20, worship will be at 10:00 am.
- Bessemer Presbyterian Church is offering quality, affordable and faith based Preschool to the Mohawk and surrounding areas. Registrations are still available for the 2018-2019 school year. Please speak to Mary Kay Leslie if you have a child between the ages of 3-5 years old or call the preschool 724-667-4130 and leave a message.
- North Beaver Fire Department Ox Roast is Sunday, May 20, 11:30 am-2:00 pm at Mount Jackson Fire Hall. The cost is Adults 12.00, Children 6-12 $ 6.00 and Children under 6 is FREE. Eat in or Take Out.
- Mohawk Coffee House (MoCo House) will host the annual 5K/2 mile Java Jog as one of its major fund raisers on Memorial Day. Sponsors, as well as participants, will be needed for this fun community event! Bessemer is the place to be at 8:30 am, May 28. Stop by the coffee shop to register.
- Mohawk Area Church Association will sponsor the Baccalaureate Service next Sunday May 20, 7 pm in the High School Auditorium. Refreshments to follow in the cafeteria. Our speaker this year will be Judi Spears, new director of MoCo House.
- Mohawk Area School Districts Class of 2018 Graduation is Wednesday, May 30, 7 pm at the Cathedral in New Castle.