Pentecost Sunday - May 20, 2018
This Week in Worship
Texts: Acts 2:1-21, Psalm 104, Romans 8:22-27, John 15:26-27, 16:4b-15
Sermon: "The Babel Fish Church" by Rev. Leslie
- The deadline to submit information for the June 2018 newsletter is today, May 20. The June 2018 newsletter will be passed out next Sunday, May 27.
- Graduates will be recognized during our 10:00 am worship on Sunday, June 3. Please notify Rhodell Magnone or the church office of members graduating from High School, College, or any Higher Learning Institution by today, May 20. Non-members will be recognized in name, so if you have a family member graduating please inform us so that we can include them in our listing.
- Today, May 20 is our last day of Sunday Light until Sunday, August 27. The Discipleship Committee would like to thank the following teachers and helpers for a great year. Preschool: Roberta Gibson, Beth Ann Nord, and Serrena Schultz. Kindergarten: Rhodell Magnone, and Mickie Snyder. Grades 1-5: Betsy Barr, and Miriam Gwin. Grades 6-9: Pastor Nathan Leslie. Young Adult: Tina Leslie. Fellowship Class: Paul Hawkins.
- CLICK will meet this afternoon, May 20 from 4 pm-5:30 pm. This is our last meeting until fall.
- 4G Adult Bible Study will be having a picnic next Sunday, May 27, 6 pm at the home of Pastor Nathan & Mary Kay Leslie.
- The following items are needed: Canned Vegetables, and/or any other non-perishable items are welcomed. Monetary donations are also accepted; or checks made out to Project HOPE Food Bank, and give to Ruth Ann Herman.
- Bessemer Presbyterian Church is offering quality, affordable and faith based Preschool to the Mohawk and surrounding areas. Registrations are still available for the 2018-2019 school year. Please speak to Mary Kay Leslie if you have a child between the ages of 3-5 years old or call the preschool 724-667-4130 and leave a message.
Summer Worship Schedule
Beginning next Sunday, May 27- through Sunday, August 27, our Sunday morning schedule will be as follows: Worship at 10:00 am.
- North Beaver Fire Department Ox Roast is today, May 20, 11:30 am-2:00 pm at Mount Jackson Fire Hall. The cost is Adults 12.00, Children 6-12 $ 6.00 and Children under 6 is FREE. Eat in or Take Out.
- Mohawk Area Church Association will sponsor the Baccalaureate Service today, May 20, 7 pm in the High School Auditorium. Refreshments to follow in the cafeteria. Our speaker this year will be Judi Spears, new director of MoCo House.
- VFW Post 267, Bessemer, PA is closing! There will be no Memorial Day Commemoration Services at Kennedy Park War Memorial, Bessemer or the North Beaver Township War Memorial, Municipal Building in Mount Jackson.
- Mohawk Coffee House (MoCo House) will host the annual 5K/2 mile Java Jog as one of its major fund raisers on Memorial Day. Sponsors, as well as participants, will be needed for this fun community event! Bessemer is the place to be at 8:30 am, May 28. Stop by the coffee shop to register.
- Mohawk Area School Districts Class of 2018 Graduation is Wednesday, May 30, 7 pm at the Cathedral in New Castle.