The Sixth Sunday of Easter - May 6, 2018
- Acts 10:44-48, Psalm 98, 1 John 5:1-13, John 15:9-17
- Message: “The Gentile Disruption” by Rev. Leslie
- The Sacrament of Baptism will be celebrated for Gwendolyn Marie Patton.
- The Sacrament of the Lord's Supper will be celebrated.
With Deepest Sympathy
We extend our sympathy to Celie Tanner and Family on the death of her brother, Dale (Buddy) Penwell. Dale passed away on Friday, April 27.
We extend our sympathy to Angelo & Donna Pezzuolo and Family on the death of Angelo’s Brother, John Pezzuolo. John passed away on Monday, April 30.
We extend our sympathy to the Family of Janice Pelto. Janice passed away on Thursday, May 3.
We extend our sympathy to Gene & Louise Cracraft, Russell & Violet Cracraft, Paul & Dorothy Hawkins and Families on the death of their Sister, Rachel Shuluga. Rachel passed away on Friday, May 4.
- The Sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated today, May 6. Please prepare your hearts and minds accordingly.
- The Loose Offering today, May 6 will go to the Deacons' to aid in their ministry.
- Presbyterian Women will be collecting for the Birthday Offering today, May 6. Birthday Offering Envelopes are included in the bulletin.
- CLICK will meet today, May 6 and also Sunday, May 20 from 4 pm-5:30 pm.
- CPR/First Aid Training: Our church will host a CPR / First Aid Training class here at our church next Saturday, May 12, 8 am-12 pm. The cost is $12 per person, which covers the cost of the cards and the trainer. There is a sign-up sheet in the narthex if you're interested. All are welcome!
- Next Sunday, May 13 is Project HOPE Sunday! The following items are needed: Canned Vegetables, and/or any other non-perishable items are welcomed. Monetary donations are also accepted; or checks made out to Project HOPE Food Bank, and give to Ruth Ann Herman
- Mission/Evangelism Committee will meet Saturday, May 19, 11:00 am at MOCO House.
- The deadline to submit information for the June 2018 newsletter is Sunday, May 20. The June 2018 newsletter will be passed out on Sunday, May 27.
- Graduates will be recognized during our 10:00 am worship on Sunday, June 3. Please notify Rhodell Magnone or the church office of members graduating from High School, College, or any Higher Learning Institution by Sunday, May 20. Non-members will be recognized in name, so if you have a family member graduating please inform us so that we can include them in our listing.
- Sunday, May 20 is our last day of Sunday Light until Sunday, August 27. The Discipleship Committee would like to thank the following teachers and helpers for a great year. Preschool: Roberta Gibson, Beth Ann Nord, and Serrena Schultz. Kindergarten: Rhodell Magnone, and Mickie Snyder. Grades 1-5: Betsy Barr, and Miriam Gwin. Grades 6-9: Pastor Nathan Leslie. Young Adult: Tina Leslie. Fellowship Class: Paul Hawkins.
- 4G Adult Bible Study will meet Monday, May 21, 6:30 pm at MOCO House.
- Beginning Sunday, May 27 through Sunday, August 27. Worship at 10:00 am. Sunday, August 28 we will resume our normal schedule. Sunday Light at 9:30 am followed by Worship at 10:45 am.
- North Beaver Civic Club will be selling hanging baskets, and also some perennial and bedding plants at the North Beaver Fire Hall, Mount Jackson, 9 am-1 pm this Saturday, May 12. Proceeds will benefit our community projects, including the local fire department and food bank.
- Mohawk Area Church Association will sponsor the Baccalaureate Service on Sunday, May 20, 7 pm in the High School Auditorium. Refreshments will be served. The speaker will be Judi Spears, new director of MoCo House.
- Mohawk Coffee House (MoCo House) will host the annual 5K/2 mile Java Jog as one of its major fund raisers on Memorial Day. Sponsors, as well as participants, will be needed for this fun community event! Bessemer is the place to be at 8:30 am, May 28. Stop by the coffee shop to register.